Monday, April 23, 2012

Think Identity Theft is Difficult? Think Again.

Over 18 billion incidents of identity theft were reported last year, a majority of them in the form of fraudulent bank accounts. Hackers don't even needs your social security number anymore to attach their name to your account, or open a joint-account in your name. If they can get a hold of your mother's maiden name. Your first pet's name. The name of the city you were born in. b

Do these questions sound familiar? They should. They're the seemingly insignificant ones you answer when you set your online banking password, or any other password for that matter -- just in case you forget that overly complex series of upper case letters, numbers and asterisks, right?

But what happens when someone gets into your unencrypted wireless network, and sneaks a peak at your online activity? They might catch you answering these questions, and once they have that information, it's to the bank!

Make the safe and secure choice. Protect your private information. I went with Vault Revolution HERE..  Affordable at less than $20. To me, especially after hearing nothing but bad news in this Google Mapping debacle, I'm glad I did. Saved me the anxiety -- and that's priceless. Unless you ask a psychiatrist. They'll probably tell you it's $100 an hour.

1 comment:

  1. Just downloaded my copy to protect my unproduced screenplays. Seems really easy to use. I read more about the google thing and I'm convinced someone stole one of my movie ideas. I saw something just like it on Netflix!

    ReplyDelete