Monday, April 2, 2012

A Nobody: Part III


I have enough trouble keeping track of my own memories, let alone other people’s.
I’m updated about KateMaySHOWERS and her recent breakup.  BigBubba69’s bar code tattoo.  His political views. Slowly, these new memories replace my own.
            It’s all just too much to remember, some doctors have warned; except their warnings have been reduced to ten second TV advertisements, lost in a generation of digital recording and fast forwarding.
            So when TinMan52 uploads a series of pictures from ComicCon on  FaceSpace, my mind flushes little league baseball. 
            The brain is just an organ, capable of storing only so much.
            “You need more storage,” says the Geek Squad member trying to educate me.  His fingers run ramped over my computer’s keyboard.  “Your unit’s running slower than normal because the memory’s all clogged up.  I suggest going through the CPU when you get a chance.  Delete anything unnecessary from the-”
            And I scoff, “Unnecessary.  It all seems a bit unnecessary to me.”
            “Maybe.  But without this wonderful machine… where would we be?

No comments:

Post a Comment