Thursday, September 20, 2012

Generic Interview: part 1

The interviewer asks, "What's your favorite part of performing?"
I say, "That's easy -- the fans."
I like to meet with them after each show. Whether it's a club in Hollywood or an outdoor amphitheater, 10,000 in the crowd or ten, fans fuel my performance, and afterwards, I like to thank the ones I meet back stage. They all look at me wide-eyed, like some walking poster capable of enjoying a beer with them. Telling jokes. Signing autographs. Having a good time. They're amazed at how normal I am. Just one of the guys.
I try not to treat anyone like a fan. To me, they're all friends. And when you treat someone like a friend, they'll follow you anywhere. They'll truly care about your career, your music. They'll truly care about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment