Saturday, December 29, 2012

Resolutions


With the holidays over and the New Year just days away, I've started to think about resolutions. More specifically -- if I've ever actually kept one. Sure, there are the one to two month stretches where I've actually gone without eating junk food, exercised daily and all that. But then real life snaps back like a vengeful rubber band. I settle back into bad habits. I stop going to the gym as much as I should. And there's always some justification. "I'm too busy. It's too rainy. I've been good."
Sound familiar?
This New Year's eve, I think my resolution will be a bit different. I want 2013 to be the year of continuous effort. Never quitting. Even if I slip up or get stuck in those same old ruts again, I want to keep trying. Hit the reset button and keep working. Keep believing in myself. I won't let failure shake me. I'll embrace uncertainty, and never let it scare me. I'll keep on living. Keep on trying to better myself.
I look back on 2012 as a year of adventure, and not missed goals. I hope you can do the same.
Happy almost New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment