Thursday, October 4, 2012

Generic Interview: Part III (The Power of Music)

It compels us to kiss. To cry. To twitch with nervous energy. The power of music is unlike another other on Earth. Instilled by God and drilled by man, it has evolved cultures. Fought tyranny. Caused quite a few to faint.
"So, you asked me what music can do?"
"That's right," asks the interviewer.
I pause. Think. Search for the right wording. "Anything it wants to."
That's why we listen in the car -- stuck cursing in traffic or cruising the coast. That's why it's on TV and in the movies. On our phones. Our minds. Music pushes us to jog further. Lift more. Make love. Mosh pit. Stage dive. Take risks. And live.
 "What are you trying to do with your music?"
"Besides not work a real job?" I joke.
"Besides that," they laugh.
If you could make people kiss, cry, twitch; if you could mold their emotions like clay --
I answer, "I'm trying to make this world a livelier place."

No comments:

Post a Comment